REFRENCE_COLLISIONS? And a couple other things. ;)

Jan 5, 2008 at 5:00 PM
Hi, I've integrated this thing now... I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far, so thank you very much! But I was wondering what the deal with the preprocessor REFRENCE_COLLISIONS if check. Because of it, it would cause my complie to fail on the xbox 360 when attempting to find the PreStep() method.

I've also been digging around with regards to things like Torque, is there a reason why the torque value of a rigid body isn't publicly exposed like velocity, is it unstable to set?

Thanks again,

Kyle
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2008 at 6:44 PM
I think I forgot to add the REFERENCE_COLLISIONS compiler directive to the Release configurations of the XBOX version of the projects. You can add these on the Build tab of project property page for "Conditional compilation symbols".

I purposely made force and torque private because these values are normally modified additively. You can use the ApplyForce/ApplyTorque method of the RigidBody to add more force or torque to the rigid body, respectively. If you've found a reason to directly modify these values, please let me know!
Jan 5, 2008 at 9:54 PM
It's not that I would often want to modify them, but its nice to be able to find out what they are so that I can calculate the torque required to rotate body a certain amount and or in a specific direction?
Coordinator
Jan 6, 2008 at 12:35 AM
Good point. These will be public for the next release.
Jan 6, 2008 at 4:10 AM
Dude I've got this thing integrated, good work! This is sweet.