isolating the physics component

Apr 20, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Hi,

I'm interested in integrating the Oops! phyics framework into my current 360 project. However, we already have existing solutions for rendering, UI, audio, input, etc, some of these paid. Is there an easy way to isolate just the physics component, while still allowing for easy updates from here later on? Not that I don't like the rest of your framework, just that I like to keep my VS solution clean.. :)

As physics is the main strength of Oops!, i feel that the physics part should be a project on its own, and the rest of the framework a separate project that integrates it.

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Hey frooze,

If you wanted to create your own "Oops.Xna.Framework.Physics.dll", what I would suggest is creating a project and "Add as Link" the files from Physics folder of Oops.Xna.Framework.csproj.  As you discover errors, "Add as Link" those files as well (or modify the code to remove the dependencies with compiler directives).

I'll evaluate doing what you suggest.  My only concern is the other dependencies the physics use, such as the Extension methods.  It might re-arrange the code a bit.  It's probably worth it though.

Thanks for the feedback.  Good luck with your game!

Apr 21, 2010 at 8:57 AM

yeah, i pretty much removed almost all the other folders, and had to change a bit of code in the physics component and a few other spots.. However I didn't want to keep doing this every time you update the framework. Thanks for considering my suggestion, it'd be a great help to me and i think it's good for Oops! too.