shadow mapping

Mar 29, 2008 at 8:56 AM
how can I add some shadow mapping in my game ?
Coordinator
Mar 30, 2008 at 6:13 AM
Hey,

You can add Parallel-Split Shadow-mapping to to your game by using the Oops.Xna.Framework.PssmEffect class and the PSSM.fx located in the Oops.Xna.Framework.Testing.App project. Take a look at the ExampleScreen.cs file in the Oops.Xna.Framework.Testing.App project for a working example.

FYI - The Oops.Xna.Framework.PssmEffect class uses the Camera class from whe Oops! framework. slight modifications may be necessary to the PssmEffect class if you have a different camera mechanism.

Good luck!
Mar 31, 2008 at 1:01 AM
I try what you've said but it don't wrk properly. I tried to use the pssmEffect class but it derive itself from other classes and I'm really a good programmer so It make me more confused. Do you you what I need to use it in a simple draw method ?

Do I need a quad tree ? ( it seems ridiculous but I may have understand that in the code)
Apr 2, 2008 at 4:00 AM
I try to tweak your example and I don't work. Because the library is huge is hard to me to know what I need to ride off or keep.
I was true I need to use the quad tree ... I don't how.
Don't you have maybe any documentation or an unique example with this shadow system ?

cheers
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2008 at 1:00 AM
Hey sueds,

Does the shadow mapping work in the examples without modification? If not, what is happening? I don't have any documentation for it and the only example of it's use right now is in the ExampleScreen.cs.