XBOX performance?

Oct 24, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Just starting with OOPS and so far I'm very impressed with the physics, it's exactly what I'm looking for.
Can anyone tell me what the performance of OOPS physics is like on the XBOX? Do the samples run at reasonable framerates?
I'd like to build a game prototype before getting an XBOX, to see whether my game concept is good. So it would be really helpful to know the physics is not going to be a major performance bottleneck like it is with JigLibX.
I would probably be using 20 - 30 objects (spheres and boxes) and a mesh for the static geometry.
Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Oct 26, 2009 at 3:02 PM

You should be good to go with just 20 - 30 boxes/spheres.  On the download page, theres a ccgame file for xbox that has a lot more objects than this and it run decent.  The main bottleneck in the examples is actually the drawing code.  If you don't draw anything and just run the physics, the fps are normally in the hundreds.  Good luck with your project!

Oct 26, 2009 at 8:19 PM

That's good to know, thanks.

Jun 25, 2010 at 3:49 PM
The framerate drops to one on the Xbox360 (Example One). Is this OK? Please write better examples! :-)